Rehabilitation: Physiotherapy & Osteopathy
Services at UMA:
Integrative Manual Therapy can be very effective and beneficial as a complementary treatment in diverse medical specialties:
- Orthopedics/Trauma/Physiatry: muscle spasms, strains, sprains, fractures, tendonitis, bursitis, low back pain, sciatica, herniated discs, stenosis, cervicalgias, subluxations.
- General Medicine: headaches, migraines, fibromialgia, chronic fatigue syndrome.
- General and Plastic Surgery: reduction of post-surgical swelling, brusing and scarring.
- Neurology: neuralgias, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, CVA, spinal cord injuries.
- Gynecology: low back pain during pregnancy, pelvic floor re-education, facilitation and treatment during pregnancy and during childbirth.
- Gastroenterology: gastric reflux, constipation, irritable bowel síndrome, crohn’s, celiac diseas, hiatal and inguinal hernias.
- Pediatry: acute and chronic ear infections, colic, hyperactivity, autism.
- Otorrinolaringology: dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus, meniere’s, acute and chronic ear infections, facial palsy, sinusitis and allergies.
- Podology: plantar fascitis, flat feet, metatarsalgias, bunions, morton’s neuroma.
- Pneumology: asthma, bronchitis, emphysema.
- Psychiatry: anxiety, stress, depression.
- Opthamology: eye strain and pressures.
- Dermatology: Burns, Couperose, reduced bruising.
- Urology: incontinence, prostatitis, urniary tract infections, kidney stones.
- Odontology: TMJ, bruxism, facial palsy.
- Rheumatology: arthrosis, osteoporosis.
- Trauma: Sudeck dystrophy, post hip.
D. Jonathan Ahladas – Integrative Manual Therapy™, Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Licensed Physiotherapist, n° 5696.
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Physiology and Sports Medicine (1995) ), University of Connecticut, USA.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (1996), NSCA, Nebraska, USA.
- Master of Science, Physical Therapy (2000), Springfield College, Massachusetts, USA.
- Certification and Diploma, Integrative Manual Therapy™ (2001), Connecticut School of IMT, USA.
- Pioneer of Integrative Manual Therapy in Spain.
- Training in other manual therapies such as: applied kinesiology, NAET, manual sintergetica, reflexotherapies, jin shin jyutsu.
Sigrid Wendler Apel
- Physiotherapist col. N 3033, diploma in Hamburg.
- Diploma validated by the Ministry of Health, Madrid, Spain.
- Specialized in Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Dr. Vodder method.