Services at UMA:
Main objective of the Pediatrics Department at Unidad Médica Angloamericana is to offer specialized care by highly skilled professional in pediatrics, with a personalized and human attention to our patients and their families.
- Emergency Room, from 15:30 to 20:00 Monday to Friday and from 10 to 13 on Saturdays.
- Emergency Call Centre (specific pediatric emergency phone, from 08:00 to 23:00 from Monday to Sunday).
- Home visits.
- Visits scheduled by appointment usually within 24 hours.
- Care for children of all ages (from 0 to 14 years old).
- Sick Child Care (when present any symptoms or illness).
- Healthy Child Care examination (periodic pediatric preventive health care visits, to monitor the best growth and development and early detection of incipient anomalies).
- Child Immunizations for all ages according to the official Schedule (Anglo-American Medical Unit is an official children’s vaccine centre, accredited by the Ministry of Health of the Community of Madrid).
- Medical certificates and Vaccination certificates for institutions such as schools, government agencies, embassies, sports, camps, etc.
Dr. Alfonso Cañete
- MD (Degree in Medicine) at the Universidad Autonoma of Madrid (rating, outstanding).
- PhD (Degree of Doctor in Medicine) at the Universidad Autonoma of Madrid (Cum Laude).
- Specialist in Pediatrics through the national training system MIR (Medico Interno Residente), trained at the Hospital Universitario La Paz in Madrid.
- Special Award of the Spanish Royal Academy of Medicine.
- Diploma in Clinical Research Methodology in the Universidad Autonoma of Madrid.
- Master in Medical and Clinical Management by the Escuela Nacional de Sanidad. Ministry of Health.
- Master from the Universidad Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona.
- Master from the Universidad de Alcala de Henares and Agencia Lain Entralgo.
- Master: Top Management Enterprise Program (PADE) and Top Management in Health Institutions by IESE Business School, Universidad of Navarra.
- Multiple training courses about several pediatric disciplines.
- Head of the Pediatric Department at Hospital Infanta Sofía in Madrid.
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Universidad Complutense of Madrid.
- Researcher in several clinical trials and projects founded by Fondo de Investigaciones Sanitarias de la Seguridad Social (FISss) of the Ministry of Health.
- Member of several national and international pediatric societies and scientific committees.
- Author of several book chapters and more than 70 papers presented in congress and scientific publications in national and international scientific journals.
- Research Fellow at Children’s Hospital of Boston, Harvard University, Mass, (USA).
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos of Madrid.
- Head of Pediatrics Service at Hospital San Rafael in Madrid.
- Director-Manager of Area Seis de Atencion Primaria of Madrid.
- Director-Manager of the Hospital Central de la Cruz Roja of Madrid.
- Director-Manager of the Hospital Universitario Príncipe de Asturias. Madrid.