Endocrinology and Nutrition
Services at UMA:
- Endocrinology and Nutrition Consultation.
- Hypertension (European Soc. Hypertension).
- Treatment and study of child and adult obesity with personalized diets, close follow-up and flexibility. Personal trainer for adapted exercise.
- Study and nutritional support in eating disorders.
- Study and nutritional support in malnutrition due to dysphagia, gastrointestinal or oncologic disorders.
- Treatment of specific nutritional deficiencies.
- Study and nutritional support before and after bariatric surgery.
Dr. José M. Sancho Rof – Endocrinology
- M.D. degree, “Universidad de Madrid”, 1967.
- Medical Internship, T.H.M.E.P, Tucson, Arizona, U.S.A. (1968-1969).
- Internal Medicine Residency, Boston University Medical Center, Boston University, Boston Mass. U.S.A. (1969-1971).
- Doctorate in Medicine and Surgery, “Universidad de Madrid”, 1971.
- “Clínica Puerta de Hierro”. Madrid, Spain (1971-1972).
- Clinical and Research Fellow in Medicine. Massachusetts General Hospital. Instructor in Medicine Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston, Mass. U.S.A (1972-1974).
- Assoc. In Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital. Ass. Profesor Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston, Mass. U.S.A. (1974-1976).
- Head of the Endocrinology Service and Laboratory of Experimental Endocrinology, “Hospital Ramón y Cajal”, Madrid, Spain. (1976 to date).
Dr. César Alonso Rodríguez – Endocrinology
- M D. Degree. Medical School of Valladolid. University of Valladolid.
- Medical Board in Endocrinology and Nutrition. University Complutense of Madrid.
- Residency in Endocrinology and Nutrition at the University Hospital Gregorio Marañón. Madrid.
- Fellowship in Neuroendocrinology .Dept. of Medicine. Wales University Hospital. Cardiff . UK.
- Doctor in Medicine .PhD degree. University Complutense of Madrid 1990.
- Associate Professor of Medicine (Endocrinology) of the University of Madrid 1992- 2004.
- Head of the Dept of Endocrinology of Air Force Hospital 1993-2001.
- Head of the Dept of Endocrinology of the Hospital. Gómez Ulla: 2001- 2004.
- Medical Advisor of the Global Insulin Delivery Systems Board for Lilly (Indianapolis). 2003-2010.
- Principal investigator in several clinical trials (Phase 3) related to assess the efficacy and safety of several drugs and insulin analogues in the treatment of diabetic patients as well as the use of the somatostin analogue lanreotide in patients with acromegaly.
- Residence in Aerospace Medicine. School of Aerospace Medicine. USAF. Brooks City Base . Texas. USA.1983.
Dra. Amalia Paniagua – Nutrición
- Preuniversity studies: Lycée Français de Madrid. Bilingual in spoken and written french; Fluent in spoken and written english.
- University studies: Graduated in Medicine and Surgery by Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 2004.
- Residential training as a specialist in Endocrinology and Nutrition: Hospital Universitario Ramón y Cajal, Madrid. 2005-2009.
- Working experience as Endocrinologist and Nutritionist, Current Practice: Private Practice in Unidad Médica and Hospital Universitario Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid.
- Working experience as Endocrinologist and Nutritionist, Previous Practice: Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Madrid; Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro, Madrid; Hospital Universitario Infanta Cristina, Madrid and Private Practice in Centro Médico Gran Vía 67, Madrid.
Contacta con Nosotros