Digestive Diseases, Gastroenterology
Services at UMA:
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, including motor disorders, inflamatory bowel disease and early diagnosis of cancer.
- Specialty in liver, biliary and pancreatic disorders (including the latest therapies for viral hepatitis and management of liver cirrhosis and its complications).
- Diagnostic and therapeutic abdominal ultrasonography.
- Liver cancer surveilance.
- Liver biopsy.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Upper GI endoscopy (Gastroscopy).
- Diagnosis and therapy of Helicobacter Pilory
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Lower GI endoscopy (Colonoscopy).
- Colorectal cancer screening.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound.
- Hemodynamic studies of the liver.
- Esophageal Manometry and pHmetry.
Dr. Luis Rodríguez Fuentes
- M.D. degree,” Universidad de Chile”, 1965.
- Specialist in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine, “Universidad de Chile”, 1970.
- Recognition of the title by Spanish Authorities, 1974.
- Graduate Studies at “Mayo Clinic”, Rochester, Minnesota, 1968.
- Visitor Professor in Oxford (Great Britain), Helsinki (Finland) and Paris (France), 1973.
- Gastroenterology Specialty Recognition in Spain, 1994.
Dr. Pablo Solís Muñoz
- Qualified as a Physician in Complutense University of Madrid with Honors (Premio Extraordinario de licenciatura).
- Number 2 in MIR national exam (out of more than 10,000 physicians).
- Specialty in Gastroenterology in University Hospital “12 de Octubre” with multiple rotations in London.
- PhD in 2010 with the highest degree (marked as “sobresaliente cum laude y Premio Extraordinario de la UCM”).
- 3 years working in London at Kings College Hospital in SouthEast London, referal centre for liver disease, specialising in Hepatology (liver diseases).
- 28 indexed scientific papers in pretigious journals.
- Numerous chapters in reference books of the speciality.
- More than 40 scientific communications in european and american meetings.